Monday, January 30, 2012

A Conquista da Conquista: Vol. 3 Cpt. 2: In which there is a plan made between some Sisters and the Lord to bring His children back to Him

I have to say, I am not sure exactly what to write about this week.  The week was... incredibly full of a lot of walking, and a lot of miracles.  I think the easiest way to put it is that when we work our hardest, and we keep working and we stay happy, maybe our efforts come to nothing.  And then, out of the clear blue sky, the Lord plops a present in front of your face.  One of the investigators that Sister Cornwall and I worked with for a while - and who we quit teaching about two weeks ago because she wasnt showing any sign of progress - showed up at church yesterday and said she wanted to be baptised.  What a kind, merciful, loving and generous God we have.

Sister Andrade and I are tired of just doing what we are supposed to.  We want to do more than that.  We are also tired of people being downers.  So we are going to be miracle workers.  We have it worked out - what we are going to do, and we have asked (and received an answer) the Lord what he will do to help us.  Did you know that if God stops working miracles, he stops being God?  Well, Sister Andrade and I are going to let him be God.  We are going to do everything in our power so that we dont obstruct his power.  And it will be exhausting, that much I know.  BUT! Do not worry about me; it will be more spiritually exhausting than anything else.  I have learned to give my physical effort without killing myself.  And I figured out that one of the things I am going to have to sacrifice is the length of my showers in the morning... that is going to be a sacrifice, without a doubt.  BUT! I know that the Lord repays our sacrifices with more than we deserve.  Its going to be great.  Sem dúvidas.

Signing off, but tune in next week to learn about bênçãos do céus chegando em Candeias.

Até mais -

Sister Petersen
(Missionária do Senhor, Jesus Cristo)

No comments:

Post a Comment