Monday, August 6, 2012

Exchange Sister Chap 3


Alright, I am a little bit sad because its not letting me send pictures, and I have a few that i would like you guys to see... but I guess we will all live until we get to see them.

So!  about 7pm last monday I found out what was happening with me, and that same night I went to Mussurunga, another area in Salvador to stay with Sister Rosado and Sister Freitas!  It was sooo amazing to have the chance to be her companion again and to see the changes that she has made.  It really was amazing to get to teach with her again, to see how we are still really in tune with each other and with the Spirit.  It made me really happy, and was exactly what I needed after the stressful week before.  I was definately feeling better.  which is good, because on Friday I got the news that I was being transfered - for good this time.  My time as a "analista de Sistens" has come to a close and I am now here in Jequié!  Guess who my companion is!  Just guess!  Try to figure it out!
.......
..
.....
.........
....
..
.
..
Nothing?  Alright, I will tell you........... Sister Cornwall!!!! Tada!!! I will have the unique experience of sending home my companion from the MTC and going home at the same time as my trainer. I can not explain my joy to be here with her and with Sister Lima as well.  They are AMAZING women who really understand our purpose here, not just as missionaries but as women, and it is so amazing to working with people with vision.  They are both leaving next week to go home, so this week and a half that we have together is time for me to get to know the area, the members and the investigators that they have.  I dont know how to explain how right it feels that I am here, and as they talked about the area and about the things that have been happening... I dont know how to explain it, the feeling of gratitude that I have for my Father in Heaven for giving me this blessing.  In all my other areas I feel like I was prepared to serve in the area.  Here, I feel (and have had the confirmation of the Spirit) that this area was prepared for me, that all the things that are falling into place here and now are in large part answers to my prayers and to my personal worthiness.  For example - this past week the sisters found 20 new investigators.  They were working with a few investigators that had baptims dates for this past week and the coming week and all of the dates fell through and they were trying to figure out why, and Sister Lima received the revelation that it was because these people were being saved for the next set of sisters that were coming in, that these people will be baptised and they are a fufillment of the blessings that the Lord promised for the next missionaries that would be coming to the area.  Which so happens to be me.  The liders here in the branch have opened their vision.  The liders of the mission here have opened their visions, and now... the only thing I have to do is stay close to the Spirit and follow his promptings. As they were sitting and talking to me, telling me all of the miracles that have happened here in the last little while, my eyes just conintued to leak tears of joy and gratitude, because i know, I Know that this area is a blessing and a fufillment of promises for me.  I know that.  In the MTC I prayed for two things - patience and humility.  I am in no way perfect in these two things, but I have learned them.  I know what it means to be patient, I know what it means to be humble, and I know part of it is believing, expecting, and receiving the blessings that the Lord hands to us.  And he does hand them to us when our hands and our hearts are open.

I am so greatful, so imensly thankful to my Father in Heaven that I am here in Jequié for the last transfer of my mission.  This is an area of miracles.  I know that.  I know that the Lord has saved blessings for me to harvest here, and I will.  I know that, whoever my companion will be, she will have the vision of missionary work as well.  I am so thankful for this gospel, for my Savior, for my Father in Heaven who loves me so much that he tests me and he tries me, and through it all, He blesses me with all his tender mercies.  The veil truly is thin here, because it is a sanctified land for those who are serving here now - a land of promise.
Thank you so much for your prayers - they truly are making a difference here, and in me.

com todo meu amor -

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment