Monday, May 16, 2011

Last Week!

This week has felt like it was a month long!  Yet there was so much that happened that I'm not sure if I could remember everything! 

Tuesday, we once again had the opportunity to hear from an apostle of the Lord. Elder Andersen came and spoke to us, and unfortunately I can't remember much (if anything) about what he said at the moment, but I took notes!  And that's the reason for taking notes.  He talked about the Merits, Mercy and Grace of Christ, and how we need to be applying them in our lives if we plan on teaching about them to others (this is in 2 Nephi 2:6-8).

We also got our reassignments this week, as you know, and I was reassigned to Louisville Kentucky!  I wasn't completely excited about it, but the next morning was the last time we were going to be taught by one of our teachers, and Irmao Johansen always has a wonderful way of giving us a ton of energy and excitement, so by the end of class I was completely ready to go out and get things done, no matter where it was!  And then we went to the travel office to get our flight plans and we were told that our Visas came through!  The Lord really does have perfect timing!  We're leaving with 26 other missionaries from the MTC - it appears that a lot of them came through at the same time, which is great.

I don't know if I've told you about some of the resources we use here at the MTC to help us teach and learn about people.  One thing we use a lot is mormon.org   If you haven't been on there, do it.  That site it so amazing, and to watch the videos of other members is really inspiring to me.  Also, we use this site called 6 billion others (you should google it).  It was complied by a man who went around the world and asked the same 40 questions to a lot of different people, and the site is a compilation of all the interviews he did.  It's amazing to me how much truth people have, and our goal as missionaries is to build off of the truth that people already have.  Once again, I find this so inspiring.

This past Friday was completely full of workshops, and it was called our "Infield Orientation Day". What it made me realize is that I have been blessed with amazing teachers.  Most of the things they talked about (finding people, making goals, working with members, etc) were things that I already know about, and so this was helpful to continue to built upon what I knew.  But there were some missionaries there that it was their first time being introduced to these topics, and it was a little amazing to me that they didn't already know at least about the concept.

Other than that, life has been completely normal.  I haven't even started packing yet.  I'll probably do that once I finish here since I just finished my laundry (last time to use a dryer for 16 months - Hooray!!).   I'm sorry this is short and doesn't have many details, but I'm feeling a little antsy at the moment.  I've actually been feeling that way for the last couple of days.  I've learn a lot from my time here, but I feel like it's time to go.  I'll be sitting in class or somewhere else or we'll be walking somewhere and nothing can move fast enough for me.  It doesn't help that the Elders that we spent most of our time with left this morning for Mozambique and the other one will leave for Portugal tomorrow morning.

I'm so excited to go!

Love you all!
 Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment