Monday, March 12, 2012

A Conquista da Conquista: Vol 4. Chpt 2: In which we jump rope, go teaching with some members and find an amazing young man


Oi da casa !

For all of you who think that I have been working too hard or that I am too serious, I decided to lighten up a little bit.  We were walking in a part of our area that we had never been to before and saw a group of girls jump roping, so we decided to help them out a bit.  We stayed there batendo corda for them for a good ten minutes, and then we had to go.  But they called their friends over and there was a group of about 10 kids following us trying to meet "a americana" and so we stopped to talked to them a little more.  A few days later we were walking down the same street and a lady calls us over.  Turns out there her son was one of the kids who talked to us, and that he hadnt quit talking about us since!  We set up an appointment to talk with them this week, so we will see how that goes.

Other than that, we were able to go out teaching with the Bishop and one of the recent converts here, Suelen.  It was amazing to hear the bishop share his testimony about his conversion story, and after we finished teaching with him he thanked us for helping to remind him what the gospel has done in his life.  And I think he likes us just a little bit - he bought us pizza after we finished teaching =]  Suelen also went out with us to help with a different family that we are teaching. Nossa, her testimony is so incredible.  So incredible.  Just to hear her talk about what this gospel has done for her life and her family, to hear the faith that she has and what she knows this gospel can do... I feel privledged to know her.  It really is amazing, this work that we do.  I think at times I forget that, but it really does change peoples lives.

I think one of the things that I am learning most as a missionary is how to be a better memeber of this church.  All the things that I want to do when I get back, all the things that I want to put into action, all the goals that I have set for myself... It doesnt benefit us much if the gospel is not constantly changing our lives, and that is exactly what I want it to do.

We were also blessed this week to meet Maicon.  He read the panflet The Restoration that we had left in his cousins house and he came up to us and basically explained the whole thing to us, and how everything makes sense, how it makes sense that we needed a restoration (and yes, he used the word restoration) and how we need to have a prophet here, and how he believes in the Book of Mormon (although he hadnt read it yet).  It was incredible.  Needless to say, we gave him a Book of Mormon, he read, prayed, and received an answer and he went to church and has assured us that he will be coming back many many times.

O Senhor nos abencoes quando nos fazemos a nossa parte.  Sie isso com todo meu coração.
Amo voces e tudo que estão fazendo para mim e para esta obra maravilhosa!

As for your questions... Its really wierd, the thought that I will be here one year.  Really, really weird.  I feel like I have been here forever, but at the same time I feel like I got here yesterday.  I know I am going to have a hard time when I come back and I have to talk in english all the time.  I have tried a few times, and I am not capable of praying in english any more.

The best things to eat? Arroz e feijão. Com certeza ;)

Até logo -

Sister Petersen




No comments:

Post a Comment