Monday, March 5, 2012

A Conquista da Conquista: Vol. 4 Chp. 1: In which Sister Petersen is not transfered


oi!

First, let me explain a little bit about the first picture.  Its Patricia and her two kids, Micheli and João, and Patricia is probably one of the best people on the face of the planet.  Seriously.  There is such a strong spirit when ever we teach her, and she has so many things that are working against her, but she is so determined to make it through, so determined to get an answer that the church is true and be baptised, and I know that it will happen.  She has a baptismal date for March 17th, which happens to be her birthday... and I think it happens to be the birthday of someone else I know, too... =]  I am really praying that it happens. She was at church Sunday, and testimony meeting was so good, it had such a strong spirit, and I am really excited about the next coming weeks.

The other people I am excited for is a family of 5, but in particular the youngest (who is 11), Josué.  They are such a good family, very united, and they want to do what the Lord wants them to do.  So keep them in your prayers, too!

I have grown so attatched to these people here its incredible.  Its amazing how close you can feel to people after so short a time of knowing them, and to know that it was the Lord that put these people in my path, so that I can have the opportunity to talk to them, to learn from them, and to grow with them.  Part of this attachment makes the work a little hard at times, to be honest.  I love these people so much that sometimes, when they dont fufill a commitment or when something comes up and we dont get the chance to talk to them, it literally hurts.  Because I know what they are missing out on, I know what opportunites they have that they cant see.  Its difficult to explain sometimes.

These past two weeks have been difficult for me and for Sister Andrade, very difficult.  I have had some of my highest and lowest moments of the mission to date, and its a little hard to keep up with the run of emotions.  But I am good.  I am fine.  More than that, I am happy.  I am so happy that I still have the chance to work here in Candeias and to be with Sister Andrade.  We have a lot of things that the Lord wants us to do, that much I know.

Thank you so much for all of your support, for your love and your prayers!

até logo -

Sister Petersen



No comments:

Post a Comment