Monday, July 23, 2012

Exchange Sister Chap 1

alrighty!  You asked how life is going for me, and its great!  I am really loving it!  I passed this last week with Sister Rounds and Sister Santana here in Stella Mares, and it has been so much fun working with them and getting to know the area and the members.  Turns out that its a good thing that I liked it, because they are leaving the area and I will have the opportunity of showing two new sisters around this area before Presidente Andrezzo ships me off to another place!  I am excited, but a little nearvous - I am really hoping that I remember the streets and peoples' names so that i can show Sister Smart and Sister Cruz around.  It was really weird the night that we got the call learning about the transfer.  Sister Round and Sister Santana will go to Lauro de Freitas and fill in the gap there, so I got to show them around the area a little bit on Sunday, which was nice because i got to say a few goodbyes to people taht I wanted to see and didnt get the chance to talk to before I left.  So tomorrow morning I will pick up the new sisters at 6am and we'll get to work!
It really was interesting to be thrown in the middle of a companionship and see how they work together and what ideas they have and the projects they are working on and the people they are working with.  This ward really is special - I already love the people here, and they are so great and so willing to help out, which is good because the new sisters will need some help.  I feel very blessed to have been given the chance to come here and to meet these people.
We also got to go to the beach today!  Actually, we went to visit the Lighthouse de Itapuã, but its on the beach, so we got permission to go.  Have I ever said how much I love the ocean?  Gods creations really are spectacular
I love understanding and knowing that everything happens according to the plan of the Lord.  It really does helpe me to have more confidence in myself and in what I am doing here, to trust that whatever happens, he will use it to benefit someone, and that I can be a part of his plan... its incredible the faith he has in us to do our part.
 
I love you all!  say a prayer for me and know that you are in mine!
 
Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment