Monday, July 9, 2012

Lauro de Freitas: Vol 3 Chap 3 The doctor, a marriage, and some dunes

Aaaaaaaaalright!  This week has been FULL of things that we have done.  Lots and lots of them.

First off, Sister Clark has been going to the doctor quite a bit to get some tests done because she has a heart problem.  Its been really interesting for me to have to translate a bit for her since cardio vocabulary isnt part of what we learn as missionaries - but its been coming a long pretty good.  Going to get the tests done that she needs has taken up a bit of our time, but we have been getting to know Salvador really well!
Also, Presidente Andrezzo came this past week and we had a zone conference to get to meet him, which was pretty exciting because the former Elder Andrezzo was there, and it was great to see him again.  Presidente Andrezzo is amazing.  It really is incredible to me the way that people can come into your life and you realize just how much room your heart has to take people in, because people dont ever get replaced.  I also sang "This is the Christ", and it made me realize how much I love bearing my testimony through the music that I sing.  The next day we had interviews with Presidente, and he thanked me for singing that song because its special to him, which was an answer to pray, really, because three days before the conference I was asked to sing and found out that no one could play for me, so I was trying to think of a song that I could sing and I said a prayer asking for guidence, and the next day I was looking through a Liahona and found that song in português.  Thats more of a side note, though.  Basically, I got to confirm what I already knew at the interview - that Presidente Andrezzo is amazing.  I felt so amazing as I was talking to him, the Spirit was there so strongly.  He has a way of making people feel special and being very sencere about it.  At the end of the interview I felt like I should tell him that I knew that he was going to be a good president because I knew Elder Andrezzo, and I knew that the man who raised him had to be a very good man.  His reply, "But not as good as the man who raised you."  That is probably one of the best things I have heard here on the mission.  It really made me think about Dad and all the things that he has done and how I am so greatful that he is my dad.
Also, one of our investigators, Silvania, got married this past week!  We are so excited, and her baptism is already schedualed for this Sunday.  Say a few prayers for her, please =)
And as you can see from the pictures, we went to the sand dunes today!  It was soooo much fun just to relax and do something a little bit different.  We also met a mason this week, which was quite an interesting experience - I learned a lot of things that I didnt know and became even more greatful for the gospel in my life and the guidence that it gives.
We had a problem with our microwave (actually, it just burnt out) and it was quite a chore to get another one and then to find an adaptor for it so that we didnt burn the house down.  Yet another thing that my português vocabulary doesnt cover, but we taught a lesson to the man who was helping us after we figured everything out.

and thats my really short show!

love you all! tchau!

Sister Petersen


P.S.  We had a Zone conference this week, so the picture of all the sisters is from zone conference
The others are from the sand dunes - we went there today and it was a lot of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment