Monday, April 16, 2012

Lauro de Freitas: Vol 1 Chap 1

I wanted to send a bunch of pictures, but for some reason it wont let me attatch files... you'll have to do without.  Again.  Sorry about that.

I thought I would fill you in on a few things that have happened that I have forgotten to mention.  I have officially fufilled two of the things that I wanted to do while on my mission. Number One:  I helped someone move!  I am not sure why, but I always think of missionaries helping people move.  Sister Andrade and I were working one afternoon and we saw a family moving in so we offered to help.  We stayed there a good hour moving things out of the truck and into the house.  Afterwards guess what we found out?  The people were less active members of the Church!  Who would have thought?  Oh the Lord works in mysterious ways.... they didnt seem too excited about the invitation to come to church, but we have their address and we will go back and see how things are soon.

Number Two: I washed clothes by hand.  Yessiree, I learned how.  And I learned that I didnt know how to wring water out of clothes the right way.  Who knew that their was a right way to get the water out?  Well, I know now.  I also discovered some muscles that I didnt know existed... they hurt a little bit the next day.

Also, something else you asked last week was about Easter traditions here.  There arent many, but one thing that everyone does is they get chocolate easter eggs, and some of them are huuuuge.  They are hollow and are usually filled with other little chocolates or sweets.  Sister Andrade and I received a few, and lets just say that I am a little sick of chocolate at the moment.

We had Zone Conference this past week, and afterward the Zone went out to eat and I got açaí e cupuaçu - you are going to have to look that second one up, because I dont have a clue how to describe it, other than the fact that its delicious!

As for how I am feeling, I am doing pretty good.  Presidente told me to relax and I am doing my best. Our numbers werent great this week, but I felt wonderful when I passed them to my district lider because I know I did what the Lord wanted me to do.

As for transfers, I am pretty sure I am still going to Salvador, but we havent heard anything officially yet, which is a little strange...  But Presidente told me that they are setting up appointments for me and such and that I would be transfered there, so I am just waiting to hear what area.

I love you all!  I hope youre doing great!  Give Nicholas a hug for me!  I wish I could be there.... take a lot of pictures!!!

Love you!  Até logo -

Sister Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment