Monday, May 28, 2012

Lauro de Freitas: Vol 2 Chpt 1

Sooo!  This week started off with a bithday - Sister Nascimento is officially old now.  Well, at least shes as old as I am, I am not sure if that really old or not.  But I was a good companion, I talked to memebers and investigators and she had TWO parties and 3 cakes for her birthday.  Thats right.  She is pretty darn blessed, isnt she?  =) it helps that the members here love her so it was pretty easy.  We had a lot of cake in our fridge for a while.  Actually, we still have a lot of cake in our fridge.

I am trying to think... this week was really long and really short at the same time, so I am having a hard time remembering things.  Oh!  We lost power in our apartment one night; that was exciting.  It was a good thing that Sister Nascimento had her birthday, because that means that we actually had candles to burn so we could see as we were getting ready for bed.  The power came back in the middle of the night, so it wasnt too bad.

The week went well - I have been sick with a cold, so there was one day that we ended up staying in the house for most of the day, but it was still a really productive week in comparison to some others we have had recently.

oh!  we went to talke to a family this week who is relatives with a member of the church.  The mom wanted us to come by and talk to them because she realized how different her sister-in-laws family is, how happy they are, how they dont see to fight, how it always seems calm in their house.  She is really active in her church, but she really wants what her sister-in-laws family has.  It was so neat to see that others notice that we are different, and when they actually think about it, that they realize that they want what we have.  It was such a good lesson, and the next day in church we went and talked to the irmã and she started crying because she has been praying for such a long time that her brothers family will accept the gospel.  Its moments like this that I know what I am here for, and its amazing.

I love you all!  I hope the pictures make up for the lack of a letter!  Have a great week - Amo vocês muitooooooo!!!

Sister Petersen

ps Where is Loren going on his mission?


Lets see if I can tell you about these pictures...

                           The first one is Sister Nascimento and I in Pelourinho - take a close look at the chairs =)
                                                                  The next is a photo of the street we had to swim across
                                                                                               My broken umbrella
                                                       A pic of us and Jaqualine, one of our wonderful investigators
                                                                               Look at our lunch!  It was soooo yummy!

1 comment:

  1. I carefully don't comment much so as not to be obnoxious (my own kids tell me I comment too much -everywhere...), but I needed to stop by to say how nice it is to have access to your mission through this blog. Thanks so much for sharing this way, and thanks for serving the people of Brazil! I'm so glad you know why you are there... ;-)
    Love and virtual hugs,
    Karla Cox

    ReplyDelete